<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Emerging From the Shadows  

Emerging From the Shadows (washingtonpost.com): "VIERA, Fla., Feb. 15 -- There was a blue sky. There was an unfiltered sun. There were palm trees beyond the outfield wall, and quiet everywhere in the empty stadium. And there was a baseball in the air, its lazy arc ending in a leather glove that was attached to the end of a muscular arm, which belonged to a baseball player, who was wearing a gray athletic T-shirt that read: 'Property of the Washington Nationals.' "

I didn't know too much about the Expos before last summer, and was fortunate enough to get to watch them play in Montreal. It's definately sad to see a city lose their team, but I think it might have been more sad to see the turnout at the games I attended. I mean there were 7,000 people at one game. This was one of their final games, AND they were giving away these really rad "Expo" hats. Hopefully the team will thrive in Washington and be happy.

Let's go Expos!...I mean Let's go Nats!

Not too sure it rolls off the tongue with the same ease, but I'll work on it.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?