<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 19, 2004

The Red Cross combats HIV/AIDS in Lesotho and throughout southern Africa 

The Red Cross combats HIV/AIDS in Lesotho and throughout southern Africa:

"In Lesotho, where 31 percent of people are infected with HIV,".....

31% of the population. That is insane. What's more insane is that it can be prevented. We can help prevent it. It is almost 2005 and with all of our technological advances, why is 31% of the population in Lesotho infected with AIDS? 20% of the children are orphans! And furthermore, why are people not outraged. Why are people not taking to the streets to demand that our government, the rest of the world, do more? What is going on here? If this were going on in Europe we would never hear the end of it. If this were going on in America it would be like the sky is falling. Africans are our brothers and sisters and we NEED to do something for them. 13 year old children should not be raising their siblings because they have no living relatives older than they are. Orphanages are so overcrowded these children have to sleep on the floor, and I'm betting they probably don't have too many luxuries, because most places would consider beds a necessity, and when you don't have necessities most likely you don't have much else.


And the thought I keep comming back to, is that if people could give a small amount every month, it would really add up. Especially in places where there is nothing to start with, places like Africa. Personally, I'm at a point where I can finally put my money where my mouth is and I intend to do just that. I hope some people out there join me. AIDS is not going to go away on its own.....
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?