<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 16, 2004

January In New York 

Jim Rome puts it all into perspective...and makes me reconsider wanting to go to john jay.....ucsb here i come!


"I know that we are a little soft when it comes to weather out here in So Cal. I know that we start driving into each other the second the first drop of water hits the road. I know that we'll bundle up like it is 40 below when the mercury drops below 70. But for the life of me, I don't know how you Easterners are dealing with the cold you have back there right now. The high, the freaking high, in New York City was 17 degrees. The streets would be littered with dead people if it was 17 degrees in LA. And New York City might have been the warmest spot back East yesterday.

The high was 8 degrees in Cambridge, Mass. If the high is only in single digits, go ahead and assume that I am never going anywhere near the place. What's the point? Why not just move to the North Pole and get it over with? Why even bother with 8? Just go to 400 below and get it over with. In New Hampshire the high was 2. Why even bother keeping track of stuff like that? Why not just say that it's freaking freezing and leave it at that? Oh, and the good news, the weather is supposed to get colder this weekend.

So that should be just lovely. I am sure that people will be breaking out the shorts and tank tops at the Eagles and Patriots game this weekend....You people do know that there are parts of the world where it doesn't get cold like that, right? There are places that have never seen a 20-degree day in the history of the world. You might want to look into that. I'll take my mudslides, my riots, my earthquakes, my fires, and my floods. As long as I get 72 degrees for 10 months a year, I can deal with the rest of that. "
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?